
Well, there's some light up ahead. It's not real clear, but it's certainly there.
First, in the bowel department, still no real gas production (those who know me will know that this definitely is a sign that things aren't "normal" yet). But, I am eating food and keeping it down, and still having itsy-bitsy bowel movements from time to time. Hopefully all of this will continue. So, the plan is:
- “Full” liquids today – the UVA nutritionists think that means pudding and Ensure (yuck!). I, on the other hand, am arguing for homemade broth (JK Chicken and Revolutionary Tomato Bisque). So far, I’m winning (mmm)
- If I can keep from vomiting (and the nausea was much better today), Remove the NG tube tomorrow morning.
- Watch things throughout the day and consider going home tomorrow, OR stay around for one more Avastin treatment on Thursday and then go home. As far as the Avastin/Chemo goes, we’ll probably give it another 2 to 4 weeks before we really know how well it’s working, but there continues to be a reduction in pain and ascites buildup, so that’s all good.
I spoke w/ a social worker today about home health care and, apparently, I can do all my intravenous nutrition and pain management at home. Plus, I can do lots of the chemo at home as well. I think it “helps” that the insurance company has started calling the hospital daily and saying, “you know, it seems to us like you could do lots of this stuff at home…” Never thought I’d be thanking my insurance company for pushing me out of the hospital, but in all seriousness, they’ve been great. They push and then say, “of course, it’s up to you…” Pretty amazing, huh? Hooray for the last vestiges of private health insurance… not sure if the system can keep working much longer, but I’m glad I’m still part of it and that I’m blessed w/ good coverage.
So, keep praying. We’ll see. It’s been GREAT to have a day w/ minimal nausea and significantly reduced pain.
(Image from: http://revjavadude.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/light-tunnel-01.jpg)
Glad to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep it up. Di
ReplyDeleteOne small step for mankind....one big step for Dave. God is good!! Hugs, bonnie
ReplyDelete