While getting my chemo at Uni-V of VA,
The Drs. together were all wont to say,
“In general your health looks better each day”
but these blockages of yours, they must go away.”
What blockages? Ahh, yes, well that is the question
The first one relates to GI and digestion:
My bowels, ah my bowels, my long-lasting obsession
They seem to be stuck in a bit of regression.
“We declare war on this new constipation”
My Dr. she said with stern consternation
“You cannot regress – start massive hydration,
Colace and Miralax will be your salvation.”
“But there may be something else – something even more serious
We will need a new scan to see if it’s injurious”
It might explain the pain that's been so mysterious.
Yup, there's a clot in the calf… could be deleterious.
“You can go to ER or go home and rest”
I said, “Avoiding ER is always the best.”
The Dr. agreed (although he was a bit stressed stressed)
So home to my home group – I’m abundantly blessed.
Now it’s hang out with my leg in the air
Trying to get meds (can’t find ‘em anywhere)
Fragmin it’s called – stick it in my belly, bare
Once every day to receive adequate care.
So that’s all the news for my update sublime
As you can tell, I have a tad extra time
I’m sitting around -- feeling mostly fine
Waiting on Fragmin -- blogging in rhyme.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you learn to rhyme
ReplyDeleteIt is simply divine
Is Schierman your mentor
At your work center?
Glad to hear your news
See you in the pews
Singing those sweet Gospel blues
love Katie and Diane :)
Dave
ReplyDeleteBrave
Leg in sling
I-Pod-ing
-- Burma Shave
By the way, that last post was not from Amanda, but from me. I have no idea how Amanda, whoever that is, hijacked my identity, but I will hunt her down and shoot her like a duck. Her antics are just about as funny as a screen door on a battleship. -- Bill Rubert
ReplyDeletei like the poetic feel to your update. that is quite a skill. i will keep praying for you. it sounds like things are doing better. this, i am so glad to hear. have a blessed day!
ReplyDelete-david yeago