Well, back by popular demand... a fat man with breasts... Only this time in cartoon form. Things continue to improve in the belly/bowel front. I just got home from seeing Palliative care and my Onc. One of the biggest pieces of news is that that I’ve been up all day and am still feeling pretty good. The docs say my progress is amazing and they can’t believe how well I’m doing. My onc said it's great to see me feeling so much better. I said, "I don't want to feel better, I want to be better!" He kind of took exception to that (rightly so, I think) and said that feeling better was pretty important. And it's true, in all of the areas that put me in the Hosp, i'm much better. As far as the response of the Cancer to treatment, my oncologist says that, subjectively, things are looking good, but there won’t be any objective measure for 2 or 3 weeks. He really wants to give the new therapies time to keep working (but the abdomen is not swelling as fast, and that’s always a good sign). Of course, I’m always asking about other treatment options, and my doc was giving me a hard time saying that I’d be on 13 different drugs if he would let me. I said, “why not.” And he said that besides quality of life (which would be awful), there isn’t a lot of evidence that simultaneous is better than sequential…. Especially in my case where drugs tend to work for an period of time and then stop for a while. So, I think patience is the name of the game. Thanks again for all your prayers and notes, etc. You all are great.
I pray for peace and grace, given one day at a time, to live with the strain of not yet...
ReplyDelete