Monday, May 4, 2009

still holding

Still not much to report... some continuing signs (very small but positive) that the bowels are starting to work. It’s been a little bit of a roller coaster of nausea and pain, but during the “highs,” I feel better than I have in weeks. I had a really good luke-warm latte this AM (mmmmm...) and some broth tonight; otherwise, as far as solid food is concerned, i'm having to settle for the food network (man vs. food... my new favorite show). Might be able to get rid of the NG tube tomorrow.

Had a good walk today with Karisa and Nichole (which included some geometry and was STILL good). This is my second "long" walk (across the bridges to jordan hall and the west complex, etc... i don't think they really want me going that far, but i can't help it... all these secret tunnels and walkways...i feel like a hamster...)



Steve Hobeck is my sleepover guest tonight (thanks so much to everyone who has signed up and spent the night .. Mark, Bentley, Kevin, Walt, Derek, Tom S...…) -- I’m trying to decide if I should put Steve on hemorrhoidal duty tonight… I’m thinking not… thoughts?

Had to say "goodbye" to my Springsteen tickets tonight. Well, Sam (or should I say "goose"), that's 2 strikes... under no circumstances will I be signing up for a 3rd... who knows what'll happen. Oh well, the tickets are in good hands :).

Thanks again to all who have called, emailed, visited, posted to the blog, prayed, and shown love in general. I'm abudently blessed.

9 comments:

  1. Dave,

    Glad to hear things are improving, even if slowly. Have you planned your first big meal yet for when you're "fully operational"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much what the food network research is all about. It seems cajun keeps coming up... or BBQ... it's easy to think and talk like a big man when all you can really handle is jello...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed, perplexed but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed."
    v 16 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    v 18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but is unseen. For what is sen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"

    Take heart for he is with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can come squirrel your way over to my neck of the UVA woods any time you feel like a hike! Just be sure to tie a string from your bedrail to your ankle so you can find your way back! You could see the 'blood and guts' of what i do here (in between lifting prayers for you!)

    "'I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord,'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Isaiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, they say movement begets movement so keep on trucking as always are pryers are with you guys. Love Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave, even the people that you don't see are praying for you and your family!
    with love and prayers,
    bruce and ginny wardell :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave. We're glad to hear there is some cause for encouragement relative to essential bodily functions. "The Lord works in wonderous ways His miracles to perform". Keep hangin' in there. We're confifent that, "in the end, everything will come out OK"
    We pray for the entire family every day. Love, Frank & Mitzi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave -

    I think the signs are very positive. It's excellent that you are able to hold down broth and a latte, and it's fantastic that you have the energy and stamina to take long walks! Those may actually help your GI tract to function. Anyway, please just hang in there and try to be as peaceful and calm as possible.

    Chris Belcastro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dave:
    We're thinking about you and praying for you. Are you dragging an IV pole with you as you walk around? If so, don't try any of our line dancing moves.

    with Love,
    Debby and Bruce

    ReplyDelete