After a long and heroic battle with cancer, Dave is now at peace and having a wonderful conversation with Jesus. He was loved by so many and will be missed greatly. Thank you all for your love, care and prayers during this past year and a half. Dave and I felt so blessed by all of you.
Joanne
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
dearest one,
ReplyDeletemy arms are around you. I am praying for Caleb, Nicole, Danielle, and Clarissa. And will keep doing so. It is a celebration we look at through a veil of tears. May you know Christ's nearness as never before in the days to come. Dave is so wonderful to all of us. Love, Kim
Joanne, so sorry to hear of Dave's passing. We had hoped to visit Dave at "Camp Ward" this summer when we were going to be in Virginia. He left an indelible mark on me as a friend and brother in Christ. A dozen things a day remind me of something Dave did or said. I'm very thankful to God to have known him. You and he showed us great kindness when we lived in Charlottesville. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteIn Christ, Phil M.
I've lost my last true friend. Never have I known someone who so closely shared my sense of humor, love of music, food and life. His love for his wife and children was equaled by my love for mine; and both our families loved each other's company. I deeply regret now that I didn't make more time for those late night movies or to sit around playing the blues. God bless you my dear friend.
ReplyDeletePrayers have been going up since you inboxed me. John Roberts told me about this blog tonight and I just spent some time reading through the whole thing while remembering all the fun times with Dave. You are all in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteShari DiBrito
Prayers have been going up since you inboxed me. John Roberts told me about this blog tonight and I just spent some time reading through the whole thing while remembering all the fun times with Dave. He was much loved, as are you. You are all in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteShari DiBrito
I have been praying for you all this week as you go through this difficult time. We have our homegroup photo hung in our bedroom. Tonight I will look at it and remember Dave and all he meant to our family when we were in Charlottesville. We love you guys and you will continue to be in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteRenee Holley
Dear Joanne,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you and the children know that although I never met Dave, I feel I knew him and you all through his great friendship with my sister Andrea Ross. I appreciate the special friend Dave was to Andrea, and am very sorry for your loss of this fine man.
Carola Rupert Enriquez, California
Dear Joanne,
ReplyDeleteYou've not met me either. I am Andrea's next older sister (following Carola in birth order and in this blog). We are so very grateful for your ability to allow Andrea and Dave to help each other through their very, very trying days. I pray for you often as a caregiver and the one to whom so much has fallen for a long, long time. Dave seemed to be an incredible person; one who loved you, his children, his friends, and his God. I don't know why this terrible thing has happened but I do pray that all your wonderful support network will do all they can to be a blessing for you in the long haul ahead. I will keep praying.
Dear Joanne,
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Dave will always be with you guys. His memories and love will be with you forever! Karen Merritt