Friday, June 5, 2009

Radiology Report

Looks like the "hooray" was premature :(. I just got the radiology report and it says the cancer is spreading in my kidneys, pancreas, and abdominal wall. I don't know how bad it is yet, but the report uses words like "multiple new nodules" and "extensive new implants...". These could be very small, and it may not be that serious. The lungs are stable, and the "new" nodules are all at sites where there was already an indication of cancer. I have a call in to the Oncologist (who missed all of this yesterday) to see if "stay the course" is still the plan of attack. I did say to Joanne last night, "Even though Dr. T didn't see anything, I know there's something in my abdomen... i can feel it" ... so the news isn't totally unexpected, but it's still a bit discouraging after feeling so optimistic yesterday. I'm still trusting and fighting!! Thanks for fighting with me.

8 comments:

  1. We are fighting the 'battle' with you. Prayer is the best way.
    Your 'attitude' is wonderful.

    Hugs, hugs & more.

    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, we pray for you every day. When I read your blog, I am stunned by what is happening to your body-- that sleek 200 pounds of molten metal that the babes used to swoon over. But I am even more amazed and humbled by your great courage and faith. You are teaching us well brother. Keep up the fight, keep the faith. We are on your side. Nat & Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, but this is not what I prayed for. I don't like cancer. I don't like the radiologist. I don't like the oncologist. I don't like nodules or implants. I want the whole thing to go away, far away to - uh - New Jersey????

    I never saw any babes swoon over Dave. Ever. Well, except his ever patient wife. They might have been fainting from a whiff of B.O.

    This is how we love you, Dave. By taking swipes at you. Because that's the kind of Christians we are.

    and you have to forgive us - hahahaha.

    all our love,
    bill and stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know Bill and Stacey--but I love the "kind" of Christians they are!!! And I love the kind of Christians you Wards are--true, joyful and faithful!!!Not to mention--full of laughs!! We are praying with Bill and Stacey for all this hateful cancer to go away--but I really don't have anything against New Jersey--maybe back to hell from where it came!!
    Luv and BIG PRAYERS!!
    Betsy and the Booths

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will continue to pray for all without ceasing! Thanks for the update. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave -

    I wish the news were better, but it could also be worse. Please stay tough and hang in there. Please also keep us posted as to the course of action. Would it now be feasible to go back to the NIH (since you're stronger)? I will continue to think of you every day and pray that things are improving.

    Chris Belcastro

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's why I've been praying for you in the night? Be healed will you? I'd like more sleep!
    Seriously though, we'll pray and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen lots of babes swooning over Dave at the squash court (no one tell Joanne!). But I do suppose this means it'll be a few more weeks before we get to see the molten metal on the court again. Meanwhile we are all thinking about you. The blog url went to to the whole membership list (ok, not really). Take care!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete