Monday, June 15, 2009

Pray for my friend, Andrea

As many of you know, God gave me a cancer buddy, Andrea (not sure she wants to be called that, but that's what it is). I kind of knew her from a distance (friend-of-a-friend), but then one night I had a chance to pray for her w/ a group of her friends. "How wonderful to pray for someone else's cancer," I said (kind of a selfish, but true). From that point on, we've been trading stories and encouragement. It's amazing how similar our experiences and outlook are, and because she's been fighting cancer for 10 years; in most ways, she's "out in front" and can tell me what to expect.

Here's a picture of me and Andrea this past weekend commiserating about our shared fight with cancer. This was the first time I removed my IV pain killers, taped everything up, and got wet (or damp shall we say). Lots of painkiller-free jolts to the gut, but totally worth it emotionally!!

Anyway, she has a great prayer network herself, but this has been a week of pretty bad news for her and I wanted to ask you if you would join me in praying her strength, joy, wisdom, and hope.


4 comments:

  1. We definitely had fun that day with Joanne and your girls. Thanks, Joanne for driving the boat! What a blessing your entire family is to me and your continued support is a Blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying with you both--and everyone else who loves you two, too!!! God uses ALL things--what a fun, wet and wild treatment!! Looks like a great time!!
    Our Hope is in You, Lord!!!
    Luv and Prayers--Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave,
    Have a wonderful time in Australia, and happy birthday, too!! Prayers go with you ...
    Karen and Jason

    ReplyDelete